Thursday, September 20, 2012

Welcome!


Thank you to  all our readers for following our blog, this all started as a digital marketing project for our class. At first we were debating what we all have in common to write about, since we all came from different backgrounds it was hard to agree on a topic; and one passion we all shared.

But we did have something in common, we did not grow up in Utah. We all grew up in different states and countries. We want to share our perspective coming from different places, how we adapted to this culture, our college life, daily life here in the Utah, etc.

Here are some quick introductions from everyone on our team:

Hi everyone! My name is Karin Petty. I am originally from Joplin, Missouri. I moved to Utah about 10 years ago because my father got a job in Utah. The culture from Joplin and Utah is night and day. It took me three to four years of living here before I really saw Utah as my home and adapted to it. I am a very open minded and an individualistic person.

Hey! My name is Kali Cochran. I am originally from St. Cloud, Minnesota. I moved to Utah when I was still in high school because my step dad got a job transfer. I was very pessimistic about moving and living in Utah. I remember that when I first got here I HATED the mountains. I think that it's because it was the biggest difference between Minnesota and Utah. I now love the Mountains!! Utah is definitely a different state, but it is also a fun state to live in.

Hola a todos! My name is Maria Jose Turitich. I am originally from Asuncion, Paraguay. I moved to Utah 5 years ago and it was a whole different culture and world. I came first to study english and it took me a while to get used to be here. But I am glad I decided to stay here for college, it brought me a different prospective about a lot things. I still not completely adjusted to Utah culture and there are a lot things I miss from my country, but I will agree utah has one of the best landscape I ever seen. Also, if you love outdoors this place will feet you the most.

Fashionably late as always, my name is Will Anderson. I grew up in the fantastic state of Alabama where the food is almost as good as the football and i love them both! I moved to Utah a little over 12 years ago. I did not have a specific reason in mind, but i knew i wanted to play in the snow and get the heck out of the south. I had a couple of friends here that helped me adapt and settle in. It was definitely a huge adjustment! There have been times when i could not stand this place and could not wait to leave, but have ultimately come to love it here and the beauty that surrounds it. The best thing about Utah is the outdoors. The activities and scenery are unmatched. Even though i have lived here so long, I will always claim the South as home. For now, this will be my beautiful home away from home.


Originally Written by: Maria, Kali, Karin, and Will

No comments:

Post a Comment