Monday, October 8, 2012

Hiking the Y

As you know I have been here for about 5 years. People that live or are from the Provo/Orem area knows that one of the basic hikes you must do when you get here is to Hike the Y!!!. The Y is very popular, especially with college students, because it represents the Brigham Young University. Every summer my friends and I would plan to hike the Y, but we never ended up going. Most people said that most of the time too much planing ended up in nothing, in our case that was a fact! So yesterday for the first time, I hiked the Y!

Yesterday, my friend Josh suggested that we should go to hike the Y. He asked Lily, Marie, and I if we have hiked it before. We looked each other and started to laugh because we knew none of us had gone yet. Josh could not believe that we have been here for so long and never hiked the most popular and basic hike. Right away he said we should change clothes so that we could hike it. I was not prepared at all to go hiking, and that included clothes!

Luckily my roommates came to my rescue and let me borrow some of their clothes. However, there was one problem. My roommates and I did not wear the same size of shoes. I was about to stay and let them go, but they would not me. So I decided just to take my ballerina shoes that was so flat that you could feel you were almost without shoes.

At the begging the hike was not very difficult. My feet were okay and we kept pushing forward. But almost toward the end of the hike they were hurting me. The hike was actually pretty fun and easy. When we got to the Y we could not believe we did not do it our first year. We staid up there for a while talking, laughing, and just enjoying each others company. It was a different bounding experience with my friends.

I will say the most difficult part was coming down. The one thing we regret is not having water. By the time we started back we were so thirsty! If you ever go...bring water! The overall experience was just great! We joked about how we planned this hike for a long time but we never actually did it. When we finally did it we were not prepare at all!

Hiking the Y made me realize that I sometimes need to spend less time planning and more time actually doing. Sometimes we just need to take the risk and enjoy the Journey.

So if you are in Utah for a visiting or just moved it do not forget to go and hike the Y (don't forget the water too!). Take your friends and enjoy the moment :)





The Beginning 

Half way 


On the Top 



Coming down 

No comments:

Post a Comment